As we begin to re-emerge from the COVID-19 crisis, Grove Arcade’s mission is to assist Asheville in staying vigilant about health and safety while simultaneously creating an environment for local businesses’ success. We plan to do this with the highest attention to tenant and visitor relations and in conjunction with a rapidly growing body of expert knowledge specific to the current environment. With that being said, building ownership has decided to officially reopen the doors to the public on Monday, May 11th at 9am! We look forward to the coming days and weeks to ensure the smooth re-opening of the building for employers, employees and visitors. Governor Cooper has implemented plans to begin easing restrictions and move towards Phase I re-opening. Phase I for the State of North Carolina goes into effect on Friday, May 8th at 5pm. We ask for your assistance and cooperation with respect to the following:
- The building will observe the CDC social distancing guidelines. Please practice and promote the CDC preventative measures throughout the entire building. This includes common areas, business premises, elevators and bathrooms.
- Building personnel will be wearing appropriate protective gear such as masks and will practice social distancing.
- Property management offices will observe social distancing guidelines as well. We ask that you call or email our staff rather than visit personally. We want to hear from you and hope to resume in-person visits as soon as safely possible.
- Certain retail businesses are allowed to open at 50% capacity and will be required to direct customers to stand 6 feet apart, perform frequent cleanings, provide hand sanitizer when available and screen employees for symptoms.
- Gatherings of 10 or more are still generally prohibited.
- Phase I is scheduled to be in effect until 5pm on May 22nd. However, Phase II will only start if data and indicators are at appropriate levels according to health officials. 1 Page Avenue – Suite 270 – Asheville, North Carolina 28801 Telephone: 828.394.6688 Fax 828.707.9429
- The above is only a partial list of guidelines. For more details regarding Phase I State requirements visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/summary.html https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/reopen-guidance.html
- Signage will be installed reminding everyone to wash hands frequently and to maintain social-distancing.
- Janitorial staff will give special attention to disinfecting common area surfaces and increase cleaning frequency of high touch/traffic areas. Each business will have different surfaces and objects that may be frequently touched by multiple people. Appropriately, you may also want to disinfect these surfaces and objects.
- In consideration of distancing guidelines, elevator passengers are limited to 2 persons at a time. Please await the next elevator or consider the stairs if that is an option.
- Subject to availability, we will provide hand sanitizer at key common area locations throughout the building.
- We have requested that security continue to assist with package delivery when available and utilize gloves.
- During the recent building closure, we took the opportunity to service many HVAC units including the changing of filters and cleaning of duct grills. We will continue to service HVAC filters in accordance with the regularly scheduled maintenance.
Thank you again for your patience and cooperation during this time. Please know, we will share additional information as it is made available to us. Thank you for supporting Grove Arcade and local businesses, and we extend the same support to the residents and visitors of Asheville.